This 4-day practical course is intended for software testing professionals who wish to build on the knowledge and skills of the Foundation Level and further develop their test analysis, design and execution skills in order to become highly-skilled Test Analysts.
This four-day course follows the ISTQB® Advanced Level Test Analyst syllabus (which can be downloaded free of charge from the ISTQB® website).
Contents of the course:
- Testing in the Software Development Lifecycle (Test Planning, Monitoring and Control; Test Analysis & Design; Test Implementation & Execution; Evaluating Exit Criteria & Reporting; Test Closure)
- Test Management Responsibilities for the TA (Test Progress Monitoring and Control; Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing; Risk-based Testing)
- Test Techniques (Equivalence Partitioning; Boundary Value Analysis)
- Test Techniques, continued (Decision Tables; Cause-Effect Graphing; State Transition Testing; Pairwise Testing; Use Case Testing; User Story Testing; Domain Analysis)
- Test Techniques, continued (Defect-based and Experience-based techniques; Combining techniques)
- Testing Software Quality Characteristics (Functionality; Usability and Accessibility)
4th day (9:00 – 15:00)
- Defect Management
- Test Tools (Test Design tools; Data Preparation tools; Automated Test Execution tools)
All courses start at 9:00 and finish at around 18:00, except for the last day which will finish at 15:00. There will be a 1-hour lunch break, and short breaks for refreshment at regular intervals.